McDonald's SR PROJECT MANAGER in Oak Brook, United States
Interested in building the IT infrastructure for McDonalds? The Global Technology Services (GTS) Portfolio Management Office (PMO) seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager to support the GTS Infrastructure department. This department is responsible for planning, designing, building, and scaling McDonald’s infrastructure in a fast-paced work environment. You will be driving break-through IT infrastructure that directly impacts our restaurants and internal business partners.
In this role, the Senior Project Manager will lead projects, programs and teams of significant scope and impact. The ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to the success of this role. Primary programs will consist of multiple projects with varying priorities and require coordination with IT management in the development of technology products, service standards and other efforts that impact operations. As a single point of contact, negotiation skills are critical in resolving problems, and require the development of key relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
Interested in Career Path? This position will allow you to grow. Opportunities include: exploration and coaching with award-winning team members (e.g., portfolio managers, architects, and engineers), exposure to ITs Hottest Topics (incl. Cyber-security, Strategic Change, Governance and Sourcing); thought leadership and training for a next-generation portfolio management organization
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Education: B.S. in Information Systems Management or related field required
• 5+ years of project management experience, including 3+ years of experience in managing multiple-concurrent projects in various stages of the development lifecycle.
• 5+ years of vendor management and/or IT Outsourcing experience
• 5+ years in program/project management processes and/or System Development Lifecycles.
• 5+ years experience in Resource and Budget management experience
• 4+ years in Strategic Change Enablement and Risk Management/InfoSec experience
•3-5 years of experience with MS Project at the advanced-beginner/intermediate level or higher, in addition to Visio and SharePoint
• MBA Preferred;
• PMP, ITIL Foundations, CISM Preferred
• Strong IT Service Management Platform Experience (e.g. ServiceNow, Peregrine, Jira etc.), Clarizen
• Infrastructure experience (e.g., Connectivity, , End User Computing, Messaging, Cloud)
• Strong business acumen and ability to partner with the business
• Proven track record on delivering large-scale/complex projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills
• Excellent customer service and teamwork skills required
• Manages and directs projects at program and portfolio level. Delegates project tasks to assigned Vendors, Service Delivery Managers (SDM’s), and Project Managers.
• Defines, develops, documents and presents business case proposals for use in justification, approval, and commitment of resources and approach of new projects
• Responsible for program budget and program management with emphasis on resource management and capital funding utilization
• Vendor management including SOW management, delivery measurement, and quality verification of deliverables
• Operating mechanism facilitation including; Program Health Measurement, Global Resource Tracking, Issue & Risk Management Reviews, Go / No Go Launch Reviews
- Leads Project Managers and respective services that are managing the delivery of the portfolios projects to ensure consistent and effective project measurement and delivery.
• Oversight and coaching areas include:
• Scope and Risk Management – Review and oversight of project charters, scope, priorities, decisions, and change requests. Manage risk including conducting assessments, mitigations, and facilitating agreements
• Schedule Management - Review and oversight of work breakdown schedules, milestone and deliverable achievement, and planned activities.
• Resource Management – Review and oversight team member assignments and utilization.
• Deliverables Management – Review and oversight to ensure quality review of deliverables is completed, facilitate the deliverables acceptance process including signoffs, and maintain the project deliverables repository.
• Develops comprehensive and repeatable project plans for execution.
• Bridges gaps between program stakeholders, business sponsors, and project resources.
• Develops timelines and work breakdown structures for the execution of each program and/or project.
• Manages relationships with resources and stakeholders by influence.
Senior Project Manager