McDonald's SR PROJECT MANAGER -- BIG DATA PLATFORMS in Oak Brook, Illinois
The Sr. Project Manager within the Global Data and Analytics Platform Team will be responsible for the successful execution/delivery of strategic initiatives that will focus on performance and ensure security of our Global Data Platform. The Sr. Project Manager will also be expected to oversee necessary platform upgrades, infrastructure projects, POCs and design decisions to ensure success and evolution of the Global Data and Analytics Platform. The Sr. Project Manager will be expected to utilize proven IT project management processes in close collaboration with vendors, team members, and various IT functions. The Sr. Project Manager will assume end-to-end project accountability to provide cost effective and high value solutions in support of our business.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant business or technical field IS REQUIRED .
• Minimum of 10 years of professional IT Project Management experience leading technical / business teams in delivering analytic, business intelligence, data warehousing / data-centric solutions.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional people management skills to lead, influence and mentor professional resources of high caliber.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in defining plans for large and complex projects
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience managing projects leveraging Big Data Platforms
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• Proven ability to manage in a matrix environment and partner with IT and business area representatives in leading and supporting development activities
• Strong program management, communication and presentation skills
• Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of architectural design, development and management of complex
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Oversight, control, and monitor of the planning, estimation, analysis, and design required in support of the Architecture roadmap using common project management methodologies such as Agile, Iterative and Waterfall
• Manage team of employees and consultants that are both on-shore and off-shore, set team direction, resolve problems, remove barriers, and provide guidance to the team
• Provide project performance and progress reporting to various project stakeholders including executive leadership with a focus on business benefit realization
• Ensure continual roadmap alignment with other organizational strategic initiatives and changes in the business
• Review work products to ensure quality, accuracy and verify completeness
• Interface, coordinate, and communicate project interdependencies with other IT functional areas and business areas in timely and proactive manner
• Influence or provide input to department-level forecasting and planning activities
• Focus on financial management for all projects executed by the Architecture Team
• Participate in organizational change management activities to maximize utilization in new solutions
SR PROJECT MANAGER -- BIG DATA PLATFORMS