McDonald's RMHC Finance Supervisor in Oak Brook, Illinois
Provide accounting support for Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc. (RMHC) to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reporting. Serve as the finance expert for the RMHC US Donation Box Program.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--CPA and public accounting and/or
non-profit experience preferred.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Four (4) plus years of relevant
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Strong technical skills and knowledge
of GAAP accounting for nonprofits.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Ability to work in a fast-paced
environment and adapt to shifting priorities and continuous process changes.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Ability to learn quickly.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Strong organizational skills and
attention to detail.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Outstanding analytical abilities and
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Ability to work effectively in a team
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Initiative and creativity in finding
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
and Word and have the ability to quickly learn other software applications
necessary to complete daily tasks.
!--[if !supportLists]--· !--[endif]--BlackBaud software experience
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliation, including
o Clearing outstanding checks as they are paid
o Clearing daily credit card receipts by batch from each web-based donation source and reconciling the fees associated with each credit card batch, and
o Investigate and solve any unusual or un-reconciled items
· Perform monthly accounting related to accounts receivable, prepaid expense, inventory, accounts payable, grants payable, pledges receivable, investments, and temporarily restricted net assets, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers and preparation of journal entries
· Perform accounting for all RMHC fundraising activities on an ongoing basis including support for the Awards of Excellence Dinner
· Perform accounting for RMHC U.S. National Fundraisers, including Local Chapter distributions
· Serve as the finance expert for the RMHC U.S. Donation Box program. Responsible for RMHC Donation Box reporting and RMHC Local Chapter support, including
o Review of monthly Local Chapter Donation box collection reporting from the collection management company
o Reconciliation of Local Chapter allocation for each restaurant on monthly collection report from collection management company against RMHC Local Chapter allocation by restaurant
o Design and ongoing maintenance of Local Chapter RADAR reporting related to Donation Box collections
o Preparation of Local Chapter monthly reports and disbursements
o Review and coding of vendor invoices related to Donation Boxes, and working with the equipment vendor as issues come up
o Consulting with Local Chapters to provide guidance as necessary, and
o Working with external auditors and Local Chapters on donation box collection process audits
RMHC Finance Supervisor