McDonald's Accounting Supervisor in Columbus, Ohio
About the Department:
Global Business Services (GBS) is comprised of various teams across both captive shared service centers and third party outsourcing service providers. Our vision is connect our customers with the services and solutions they need, focus on achieving operational excellence, deliver tangible results, and pursue continuous improvement innovation. The GBS finance tower is responsible for global financial service delivery including sourced and GBS delivery teams, North America payroll, customer relationship management, and integrated GBS data and reporting.
About the Opportunity:
McDonald’s is looking to add an Accounting Supervisor to our team. The position will be responsible for assisting in various areas within the GBS Finance Department including but not limited to General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Bank Reconciliations, Cash Matching, Lease Accounting, Accounts Payable, Sales Tax Review and Special Projects. This position will work closely with our 3 rd party outsourcer to ensure monthly and close related tasks are completed timely and accurately. This position will also be in involved in auditing work performed by our 3 rd party outsourcer and perform ad hoc reporting.
As a part of this team you will have the opportunity to interact with all levels within the organization. We are focused on individual development and allow for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career by offering career paths in Columbus as well as other US and Global locations.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Requirements of the Position:
· Previous Supervisory Experience preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Strong problem solving and customer service skills
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills; person must be able to prioritize and manage several tasks across multiple areas at once in order to meet crucial deadlines
· Strong knowledge of general accounting principles
· Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy for high exposure areas
· Flexibility with work schedule
· Drive exceptional customer service.
· Compiling and reporting on accuracy, independence and timeliness of Outsourced duties
· Auditing the completion of key monthly/quarterly/annual tasks
· Drive continuous process improvements for the team and Global Business Services
· Involvement in special projects as assigned
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis
· Training to enhance understanding of processes which may include but is not limited to Genpact Accountants, McOpCo Operations and Corporate Staff
· Stakeholder Management
· Other Duties as assigned