McDonald's Service Level Management with MSLA experience in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s continues to look for ways of leveraging its size and scale to appropriately centralise and deliver key technology services required to operate its business units effectively. Increasingly many services including networking, unified communications, office helpdesks, Restaurant file Maintenance, eCommerce, CRM and systems management are being centralised, alleviating the need for each business unit (market) to acquire and run their own services to fulfil their business needs. This helps free up market resources to focus on our competitive advantage of using technology to enable the restaurant business.
The role of Manager in the Service Level Management Team will accelerate the implementation and ongoing governance of these services. The role will help provide a unified view for markets and corporate leadership of the effectiveness of internal product and service delivery regardless of which global IT function and its supporting vendor(s) delivers. This scope includes application, infrastructure and project portfolios.
The role holder will be required to take responsibility for a group of related services, and working with markets, corporate IT and vendors to define and report MSLA (Market Service Level Agreement) compliance, remediation plans, cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for gathering and reporting metrics that describe the state of the IT services and communicate effectively with upper management to facilitate effective decision making.
To achieve this the McDonald’s global IT team has established a small team independent of the product and service delivery teams to create and run processes associated to the shared services in order to:
• Implement structured, consistent governance across all market-oriented services
• Track and report on MSLA compliance to markets and customer satisfaction in a consolidated manner
• Implement action plans and/or remedies with teams/vendors where services fail to meet MSLAs
• Work with service teams to identify opportunities to realize additional value for markets
• Ensure a high degree of communication to and from markets and service owners
Proven ability to drive service management discipline within IT is essential. This includes process improvement, service design and operation methodologies and governance frameworks including best practice/ quality standards such as PRINCE 2, ITIL, Capability Maturity Model for Integration (CMMI), and/or COBIT, along with a demonstrable aptitude to learn. The incumbent must possess excellent IT and communication skills and be proficient in the use of technologies that will enable the delivery of technology governance.
A critical need will be to strike the right balance between professional ‘technical’ know-how and excellent communication skills. The incumbent will need to be able to understand, analyze and work with what can be detailed and complex governance and regulatory frameworks without getting lost in the detail, seeing the bigger picture and enable others to do the same.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT Service Design/Operations roles,
• BS Degree
• ideally having previous experience working in the retail sector is desired
• Proven ability to drive adoption of service management disciplines
• Experience with IT Service Management (ITIL)
• Knowledge or experience developing and implementing governance frameworks
• Knowledge of formal change management processes
• Experience working with Global (virtual) teams preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools
General Responsibilities and Experience:
• Performance Assurance
• Relationship Assurance
• Contract Assurance
• Financial Assurance
• Transition Management
• Communication and Change Management
o Contribute to the overall evolution of how IT effectively integrates with the Segment structure and delivers increasingly high levels of value
o Define, measure and communicate KPIs associated to service delivery
o Identify and implement common tools across service delivery
Service Level Management with MSLA experience