McDonald's Business Analyst from MSLA background in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s continues to look for ways of leveraging its size and scale to appropriately centralise and deliver key technology services required to operate its business units effectively. Increasingly many services including networking, unified communications, office helpdesks, Restaurant file Maintenance, eCommerce, CRM and systems management are being centralised, alleviating the need for each business unit (market) to acquire and run their own services to fulfil their business needs. This helps free up market resources to focus on our competitive advantage of using technology to enable the restaurant business.
The role of Business Analyst in the Service Level Management Team will accelerate the implementation and ongoing governance of these services. The role will help provide a unified view for markets and corporate leadership of the effectiveness of internal product and service delivery regardless of which global IT function and its supporting vendor(s) delivers. This scope includes application, infrastructure and project portfolios.
The role holder will be required (with supervision) to define key performance indicators and measures, create processes to track and report SLAs and identify opportunities for improvement, This role is responsible for designing and creating the score cards and dashboards necessary for corporate IT, markets and vendors to understand the level of service they are receiving. This means that the Business Analyst, SLM will analyze key metrics, SLAs and success criteria to producer recommendations and next steps for services under evaluation.
This role is responsible for gathering and reporting metrics that describe the state of the IT services and enable effective communication with upper management to facilitate decision making.
To achieve this the McDonald’s global IT team has established a small team independent of the product and service delivery teams to create and run processes associated to the shared services in order to:
• Implement structured, consistent governance across all market-oriented services
• Track and report on MSLA compliance to markets and customer satisfaction in a consolidated manner
• Implement action plans and/or remedies with teams/vendors where services fail to meet MSLAs
• Work with service teams to identify opportunities to realize additional value for markets
• Ensure a high degree of communication to and from markets and service owners
Proven experience in IT Business Analysis and Service Management is essential for this job
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• BS Degree
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in IT Business Analysis/Service Level Management roles, ideally having previous experience working in the retail sector
• Expertise in ITIL
• Expertise in business analysis and process modelling tools
• Knowledge of formal change management processes
• Experience working With Global (virtual) teams preferred
General Responsibilities and Experience
• Consult with the markets, vendors and product teams to understand their reporting needs/capability
• Gather business requirements for Service Level Reporting by conducting meetings/interviews
• Write requirements specifications and develops business process and data models to support the business needs
• Define, measure and communicate KPls associated to service delivery
• Identify and implement common tools across the different services and vendors, such as file formats, score cards and dashboards
• Assists development of business cases
• Develop and implement service level management monitoring processes and tools
• Further develop the existing customer satisfaction measurement
• Analyze key metrics of SLA’s
• Participate in contractual change management processes
• Provide summaries of key terms to stakeholders
• Monitor compliance to SLA related contractual terms
• Implement and execute processes associated to service credits and service value tracking
• Identify areas where deeper financial analysis on costs and/or benefits are required
Business Analyst from MSLA background