McDonald's SPEC-REAL ESTATE COORDINATOR in Boston, Massachusetts
This is a position that coordinates and monitors the various procedures that are designed to expeditiously complete real estate projects and other regional development related activities. Key internal customers include regional Real Estate Manager/Area Real Estate Managers, Project Managers and regional/divisional and home office staff and owner operators.
* The ideal candidate can reside in the surrounding areas of Philadelphia, PA, Iselin, NJ or Boston, MA. *
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Previous customer service experience
• 2-4 years of experience
In additional to the following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Works closely with real estate and construction coordinators, construction and real estate managers, area construction and real estate managers, regional finance team, development admin and REF to monitor and expedite the Development process.
• Maintains relationships among the regional staff, general contractors, and franchisees. May source outside consultants, contractors, brokers and suppliers.
Process and Cost Management
• Creates projects in PCA
• Familiar with setting a project up in Milestone Tracker and Location Manager
• Creates due diligence budget for new, rebuild and major remodel projects
• Reviews, reconciles and processes soft costs expenses related to Real Estate transactions or other Real Estate related activities (titles, surveys, aerials, soils, consultants, etc.)
• With the other coordinators, ensures that Development costs are reviewed, monitored and updated as necessary.
• Creates working budget for reinvestment projects
• Update Location Manager with development characteristics for new and rebuilds
• Generate GC bids, draws, and change orders
• Verify all necessary paperwork has been submitted by GC and have received written notice that area construction manager has reviewed and approved upload of GC draws
• Produce required GC master contracts/supplemental agreements and obtains required signatures
• Ensures retainage release checklist is complete before releasing retainage to general contractors
• Ensures all tasks complete before releasing general contractor for groundbreak
• Works with area construction manager to complete estimated cost at completion workbook and prepares Form B Draft form 45 days prior to restaurant opening
• Monitors Project Status Report to ensure that jobs are being closed within 150 days or fewer, projects with activity greater than 18 months are reviewed on an on-going basis and cancelled when appropriate, and projects that have had no activity greater than 24 months are cancelled and state site has been terminated (for new stores). Process, execute and provide extension letter to REF in a timely manner.
• Prepare open purchase order approval and paid invoice transfer forms
• Ensures that remodel/rebuild consent letters are sent and returned by franchisees and McOpCo.
• Prepares bond/letter of credit requests
• Process legal clearance and third party consent for remodel/rebuilds
• Sets up new suppliers in accounts payable system
• Works with USRD to ensure master contracts for architects/engineers are current
• Assist with set up and training of new general contractors and suppliers
• Monitor and update key project schedules and processes to facilitate the execution of the Development Plan.
• Ensures that site files are organized, maintained, updated and contains required information on Construction Folder Required Documentation Checklist
• Assembles, processes and verifies completeness of real estate packages.
• May resolve property management issues (legal clearance, property disputes, condemnations, excess property issues, contracts and deed restrictions, etc.)
• Maintains necessary PCA reports in construction file, and Development Team Reports (site development summary, excess property reports, pending transaction reports, sales tracking report, etc.)
• Verifies general contractor’s Certificate of Insurance is current and up to date. Ensures there is a project specific Certificate of Insurance in file
Real Estate Coordinator - Northeast Field Territory