McDonald's SR BUSINESS TECH ANALYST in Oak Brook, Illinois
The Restaurant Technology Platform (RTP) is looking for a Sr. BTA who will assist the overall Project Manager in the development and support of our hardware and operating system platforms. He/she would be part of the team having overall responsibility for those platforms and would be equally responsible for the supporting toolkit that allows McDonald’s field teams to provision, deploy and upgrade our restaurant devices and operating systems. The hardware and operating system platforms provide the foundation for our Point-of-Sale capabilities and are critical components of our restaurant technology.
To be successful in this role, the selected person will have experiences working with hardware vendors, Microsoft and global delivery partners to help manage the life cycle of our hardware and OS products, from introduction to retirement. This individual will need a good understanding of the restaurant environment, restaurant technology and restaurant operations.
The selected person will also have a strong understanding of retail technology, including embedded devices, servers, operating systems and networking/security. They also must be a fast learner, innovative, and effective to be able to communicate with our global partners.
The position reports to the Project Manager for RTP platforms.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• 7-10 years of IT experience with retail hardware and Window’s based operating system’s experience with proficiencies in the following areas:
o Windows Device Operating Systems Build Process
o Networking and security
o Systems management and support tools, in particular knowledge of Microsoft OMS (Operations Management Suite) an advantage
o Azure cloud hosting and advantage
o Any formal certifications in any of the above will be an advantage
• 3-5 years of experience with direct, hands on management of 3rd Party Offshore Vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, IS, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other similar education is HIGHLY DESIRED
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Proficiency with Windows-based scripting (PowerShell preferred)
• Understanding of:
• Proven experience in delivering solutions against project timelines.
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• A hands-on proven problem solver with a strong technical background
• Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn about technology and McDonald's
• Highly adaptive; able to manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrative of a high level of initiative and the ability to hold self and others accountable for deliverables and deadlines
• Able to manage own workload and work independently
• Able and motivated to work within a team environment with people from multiple business units to create the highest degree of standardization and leverage possible.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Technical engineering and troubleshooting
• Defining requirements
• Documentation of processes and procedures
• Process improvement and supplier management.
Sr. Business Technical Analyst