McDonald's Retail Experience - Marketing Supervisor in Oak Brook, Illinois
Supports the Retail Experience at McDonald’s restaurants by assisting with marketing/business platform plans, merchandising and point of purchase solutions that contribute to driving guest counts while building sales and strategically aligning with the goals of the US McDonald’s business.
Key customers include: Cross-Functional Teams (Brand and Content Initiative Leads, Operations, Nutrition, Legal), National Agencies and Supplier Partners, Regional Marketing, Owner Operators and Marketing Leadership.
Marketing Expertise Areas: Communications, Project Management, Strategy, and Self-Starter
• 2-4 years of professional level experience; agency or consulting background with a large franchise-based company a plus.
• BA/BS degree; Related experience or education in the field of marketing, communications, advertising or consulting.
• Strong understanding of merchandising and point of purchase execution.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to effectively communicate a message to varying and large audiences.
• Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
• Self-starter. Strong sense of initiative and ability to work in an ambiguous environment and under pressure on multiple projects.
• Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office environment and PowerPoint skills.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
•Supports the strategic, tactical development and execution of yearly Retail plans that drive sales and create an optimal experience at Retail for the McDonald’s customer.
•Manages the merchandising aspects of all “average” and “limited” base marketing programs. Determines optimal merchandising elements at restaurant, coordinate key details with Initiative Leads, inform all necessary parties of details and own program from creation until live in the restaurant.
•Manages the merchandising efforts for the Happy Meal business which includes managing relationship with Happy Meal initiative lead, working to align on key programs with this lead, and communicating all necessary merchandising information to appropriate teams.
• Leads creation of merchandising communications that support Retail Experience initiatives which include, but not limited to: Monthly plans, pre-program pieces, field communications and online merchandising site content.
• Contributes to the development of a new communications process and consolidation of current communication touch points.
• Builds strong relationships and fosters teamwork among marketing counterparts, cross-functional team members, and supplier partners for strong merchandising integration.
•Maintains the merchandising program calendar for all marketing programs by coordinating weekly updates and providing appropriate partners with these updates. Work to also improve the layout and evolution of the calendar.
•Manages day-to-day merchandising fund estimate process by developing a document management system and overall process to ensure estimates are accurately stored and easily accessible by necessary parties.
•Day-to-day contact for Brand and Content Initiative Leads, ensuring they have necessary merchandising information for their specific marketing programs, key dates and program elements.
•Day-to-day contact for Regional Marketing teams and local agencies. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Daily email inquiries, phone conversations, presentations and webcasts. Expected to provide ideas and best practices for managing these relationships in a new and better way.
•Coordinate corporate office merchandising elements for display or identify additional materials that are needed when appropriate.
Retail Experience - Marketing Supervisor