McDonald's IS PROJECT MANAGER in Oak Brook, Illinois
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a skilled and experienced technical project manager to work on a strategic data application. The Global Data and Analytics Platform team actively leads multiple initiatives for data analytics to explain our digital journey.
A successful candidate will be required to manage multiple cross functional projects within scope, schedule, and cost from conception to completion, partnering with multiple stakeholders including business partners, vendors, and internal team members.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT or other similar field, from an accredited college/university
• 7+ years professional experience in Information Technology
• 5+ years’ experience with software development, testing, integration, deployment, and operations preferably experience with POS systems
• 1-2 years of professional web technologies experiences, e.g. data transport , cloud computing, design and development
• Ability to manage multiple projects with dependencies and deliver on time and budget
• Proven team management, decision making and task prioritization skills
• Strong communication skills, ability to adapt communications to audience
• Ability to perform and deliver in a challenging, fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Excellent collaboration and issue resolution skills
• Technical development and data integration skills are a plus
• Experienced testing background with a high attention to detail
• Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, solid ability to translate technical verbiage into easily understandable language for the customer.
• Experience with the Big Data Cloud based applications a plus
Key success factors include a customer-first mindset, intermediate/proficient project leadership abilities, ability to function in a fast paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving skills, translating business requirements into technology solutions, and executing projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participates in creating the project charter, the schedule, the milestones, the scope, and resource requirements
• Collaborate, provide feedback, and partner with vendors and business partners for data application releases and deployment
• Ensure that the Project Team completes the project objectives within scope, schedule, cost, to clients satisfaction
• Drives issue resolution through issue and risk tracking and facilitating issue closure. Escalates issues appropriately
• Adheres to the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables
• Provide guidance, direction, management of resources, including prioritizing work and developing team members.
• Follows the rules of engagement for the project, e.g., the standards used, the executive sponsorship/governance group and structure, team guidelines, issue escalation, etc.
• Assist with managing the budget, including reforecasting the budget
• Measure project performance against predefined metrics and baselines and take action to control the project to the baselines
• Communicate/Report to stakeholders project status on a regular basis
Project Manager - Data and Analytics Development Team