McDonald's Director Global Menu Strategy in Oak Brook, Illinois
Job Title Director Global Menu Strategy
For McDonald's, one of the most recognized brands in the world, the Global Menu Strategy team plays an important role in how we connect with our consumers to drive relevant marketplace actions and measureable results. This means we must understand what our consumers want and then translate that into compelling actions in the marketplace to address modern needs and drive traffic to our restaurants.
This person serves as a key integrator to the consumer centric menu strategy and marketing organization and will be responsible for leading the strategic direction and driving sustainable growth for McDonald’s Core product portfolio. The consumer is at the center of what we do and delivering offerings that address consumer needs is foundational. The Director of Global Menu Strategy must have the ability to leverage consumer insights and develop concepts, but also drive cross-functional collaboration between marketing, product development, design, and operations to execute in market, learn and build business scenarios that can leveraged by McDonald’s globally.
This position is based in Illinois and will report to the Senior Director of Global Menu Strategy.
• Opportunity identification and scoping of consumer centric market place opportunities across our Core products.
• Project Manager who partners with cross-functional, food technology, operations and market teams on the development and coordination of long-term growth strategies and actions that drive sustainable growth for McDonald’s core product brands.
• Develop global solutions that are scalable and deliver value to customers, owner/operators and the corporation.
• Ensures each Core product brand has a relevant and differentiated space in the marketplace and that the equity of each Core product brand grows consistently in the direction of the overall brand ambition.
• Strong communicator, presenter, and self-starter who develops compelling materials that effectively communicates insights/strategies and is comfortable presenting to and influencing a wide range of stakeholders.
• Leads cross-functional global teams to advance Core product evolution by partnering with insights, marketing, menu, food technology, operations, equipment, supply chain, packaging, design, IT and digital partnerships.
• Leads development of content to communicate across Corporate, Global Marketing Leadership and Global Menu Council forums.
7+ years of experience required in related field (Brand/Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience).
BS/BA degree in related discipline required
Up to 20% travel
Proven experience in leveraging consumer and business insights to develop of brand strategies.
Excellent leadership, interpersonal, project management and presentation skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
Proven ability to impact and influence teams without formal authority.
Experience leading major brands and led development of new brands or spearheaded re-shaping of brand positioning for existing brands.
Country United States
City Oak Brook
Requisition Number 4900BR
EOE Statement McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.