McDonald's Field Service Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
McDonalds’s is looking for a Field Service Manager (FSM) for the Great Southern region. The FSM will be the CEO of their market and will provide leadership, coaching and strategic direction to assigned Operations Consultants and Owner/Operators to deliver superior QSC and customer experience to maximize short and long-term sales and profits. The FSM will need to consistently demonstrate impact and influence in the market(s) to achieve significant results. The intent of CEO of the Market is to create higher-level leaders driving stronger market results, achieving regional income goals through strategy, alignment, and accountability. The CEO must also maximize resources in the development and orchestration of the co-op’s plan, supporting the region’s plan. Creates and leads a high-performance team of Operations Consultants focused on common goals and objectives that support the US agenda. Consistently demonstrates McDonald's values and leadership behaviors to build positive business relationships with Owner/Operators for the mutual benefit of each Owner/Operator and the company. Key customers include General Manager, VP QSC, Director of Field Service, Operations Consultants, Owner/Operators, Field Service Manager Peers, McOpCo Operations Manager and Customers.
This role is based in Memphis, TN.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· Builds strong working relationships with O/Os based on trust and mutual accountability.
· Provides leadership and/or support to Ops Consultants (OC) in managing complex or escalated situations with O/Os
· Chooses the appropriate consulting approach based on the situation and the existing relationship.
· Acts as an advocate for the O/O and the Company, insuring that both points of view are clearly communicated and understood.
· Takes ownership and accountability by consistently observing restaurant operations, providing feedback and taking action in critical situations.
· Conducts the annual O/O Business Meeting.
· Provides recommendation on growth and rewrite status to the VP of QSC and GM based on input from OC on the 5 national standards criteria.
· The CEO and his or her board should focus their attention on the US Operations strategy, along with regional plans for improving operations. Top metrics should be shared as specific targets for growth within the next quarter, rolling up to the year.
· The CEO should leverage Consumer Business Insights for additional understanding, and work with his or her operations consultants and owner/operator customer experience lead to ensure strategies and tactics align with desired improvement.
Business Results (QSC/Sales/People/Profit)
· Protects the McDonald's brand by continuously teaching, training and coaching OC to ensure the restaurants meet QSC, food and restaurant safety standards.
· Conducts one ROIP assessment within each O/O org to ensure calibration and consistency of the process.
· Consults and works shoulder to shoulder with priority O/Os to address specific/complex situations to deliver short and long term business results.
· Consults with the O/Os in the development and execution of reinvestment plans on an annual basis
· Proactively provides recommendations to OC and O/Os on how to take advantage of opportunities to improve business results.
· Serves as operational SME in co-op meetings to support company initiatives and ensures that restaurants properly execute national and co-op promotions, and the execution of new products and processes.
· Provides input into the selection process, is responsible for the T&D of OC based on department needs and goals.
· Ensures that individual performance targets are established (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), performance reviews are conducted on-time and communicated one-on-one, Performance Improvement Plans are implemented.
· Facilitates the IDP process with OC, ensuring that individual development plans are implemented, and diversity staffing objectives are met.
· Mentors the FS team and provides input into succession planning process.
· Plans, coordinates, and directs the activities of the FS Dept, including developing, administering, and controlling the G & A budget.
· The CEO must drive an effective strategic franchising plan with executable tactics. Actionable items are based on vision plan and A-Z meetings. Strong emphasis should be placed on fully utilizing the business review and ROIP levers. Alignment and calibration with the QSC VP and DO, along with the Franchising Manager is imperative.
Field Operations Manager