McDonald's MGR-BENEFITS in Chicago, United States
McDonald’s is seeking a versatile benefits manger to join our Global Total Rewards Team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to design, develop and execute strategic plans and initiatives in both retirement and health and welfare benefits, along with possessing a solid understanding of benefit laws, regulations and compliance requirements (i.e. ACA, IRS, ERISA, 409A).
The role of Manager, US Benefits will be responsible for the development and execution of the company's employee financial well-being strategy, with responsibility for the design of the Company’s retirement and financial programs including, but not limited to, 401(k), non-qualified plans and related financial well-being programs (i.e. STD, LTD, financial planning program.)
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· Undergraduate college degree. Advanced degree and/or industry certification a plus.
· At least 5+ years experience in benefits in a large corporate environment.
· Proven ability to design, develop and execute strategic plans and initiatives.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate and collaborate with all levels in the organization, multiple cross-functional teams and diverse personalities.
· Ability to work as an effective team player with the ability to collaborate as well as work independently.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
· Must be highly self motivated and able to handle multiple priorities.
· Detail oriented - high attention to accuracy.
Role in Strategy Development and Execution
· Develops and implements the company's employee financial well-being strategy.
· Develops the long-term retirement and financial programs design strategy, collaborating with vendors, consultants, and key internal partners.
· Utilizes networks to build strong relationships with consultants and peers at other companies to monitor industry trends, benchmark programs and share ideas for new programs and/or enhancements to existing programs.
Role in Program Design, Management, & Execution
· Responsible for retirement and financial program design.
· Proactively identifies opportunities for additional financial programs, evaluates offerings and makes recommendations to the leadership team and Profit Sharing Administrative Committee as required.
· Utilizes a continuous improvement approach when evaluating plan/program design and administrative processes.
· Responsible for the design, development and implementation of financial programs with a focus on competitiveness, meeting employee needs and business requirements.
· Establishes a collaborative approach with other departments as appropriate (Accounting, Legal, Tax, Shared Services, Treasury).
· Analyzes and monitors program participation/utilization.
· Evaluates the capabilities of retirement and financial program vendors and recommends changes to plan designs based on cost, anticipated impact on participant behavior, regulatory environment and competitive position.
· Partners with key stakeholders to create and execute a comprehensive communication/education plan focused on driving employee engagement in their financial health.
· Deploys a solutions oriented approach to managing and resolving issues.
· Conducts ongoing two way discussions with financial program vendors to ensure programs work well and provide value to employees.
Additional Job Skills/Attributes
· Able to represent the views and strategic direction of the organization to key stakeholders.
· Serves as a consultant and expert for the organization on highly sensitive and/or significant matters related to benefits.
· Contributes significantly towards solutions to problems of unusual complexity requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.
· Able to resolve issues requiring a high degree of professional judgment.
· Able to quickly assess costs, benefits and risks of a decision while using sound logic to ultimately make well-informed decisions.
· Builds strong relationships through listening and well-planned and well-maintained two-way dialogues.
· Models the proper way to build and maintain relationships with others by consistently treating others with respect.
Manager, US Benefits